About The Job
Salary: £23,484 to £25,927 per annum
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: Various roles, please see below for detail and clearly state which positions you wish to be considered for in your application
Interview Date: TBC
Here at West Sussex County Council (WSCC), what we do changes lives. We're looking for Care and Support Brokers to join our Combined and Sourcing Placement Team! In this exciting opportunity, you will be at the forefront of supporting our customers to access appropriate and effective care and support services. You will report directly to the Placement and Sourcing Lead (or Deputy Lead) role and will deliver care planning, sourcing, and purchasing functions for people requiring care and support who may be discharged from hospital, or those with longer term care needs.
We have roles available in the following teams: -
- Older People Non-Residential Northern team - based in County Hall North, Horsham
You will primarily be required to support older people in our northern area to plan and access non-residential services such as domiciliary care or day care
- Lifelong and Mental Health services team - based in Bridge House, Worthing.
You will primarily be required to support people with lifelong or learning disabilities and those with mental health needs to access services as part of a new team and service being developed.
- Older People Residential team - based in Bridge House, Worthing
You will primarily be required to support older people to plan and access care homes and nursing homes.
All of these roles are mainly office based with occasional travel and work during standard office working hours on weekdays between 8am and 6pm. You will support equality and diversity and respect anyone working for or in contact with WSCC. You will be passionate about customer service and enabling people with care needs to access the right support. You may have a background in health or social care already or you might have really good transferable skills from other sectors.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, why not join us and let's make a difference to our communities together.
Experience and Skills
- Able to support the planning and arranging of customer focused and strengths-based services for people with care and support needs.
- Able to accurately relay information to service providers and health and social care colleagues to enable appropriate services to be sourced quickly.
- Able to organise / prioritise work, work independently, and work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Able to interpret intelligence received to determine risks and communicate safeguarding and service quality issues through the relevant channels.
- Excellent written, verbal, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Sound and accurate IT and keyboard skills.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- NVQ level 3 in a relevant subject, or equivalent qualification or experience.
- GCSE English and Maths, or equivalent qualification or experience operating at this level of literacy and numeracy.
- Good up-to-date working knowledge of legislations and organisational policies relevant to the specialist area of the post e.g. Care Act (2014), Hospital Discharge Guidance 2020, Mental Health Act (1983) etc.
- Experience of monitoring data and information including financial material and using a range of IT and data systems.
- Good understanding of office systems and practices related to carrying out a health or social care role.
- Experience of influencing and negotiating with individuals, stakeholders and service providers- Desirable
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
To apply, please complete the application form through the WSCC recruitment portal. Please clearly state in your application which positions from the 4 listed above you wish to be considered for. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.