Job Title: Waste Project Manager (P1928)
Salary: £49,298 up to £53,322 inclusive annual salary + up to 18.5% employer pension contribution plus car user allowance
Contract: Fixed Term for 18 months
Location: Flexible working options
Annual Leave: 29.5 days plus public bank holidays
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Sunday 15th May 2022
Interviews are scheduled for w/c: 23rd May 2022
St Albans is a unique English Cathedral City with a colourful history which can be seen in the Roman remains and variety of beautiful architecture, heritage sites and conservation areas. Set within green belt, off the M25, A1M and M1 the District includes a cathedral, historic city centre and charming villages. Our refurbished offices are in the city centre near to the station (London St Pancras 20 minutes), shops and restaurants. In short it is a great place to live and work.
We are looking to recruit a specialist Waste Project Manager on a fixed term contract who will be responsible for undertaking a Waste Management and Recycling Contract Renewal Options Evaluation Activity, including retendering if needed.
Working closely with our Public Realm Manager, the successful candidate will:
- Lead, develop and initiate the preferred option(s) to deliver the Council’s waste management and associated services from June 2024;
- Develop and implement a recycling improvement plan, to ensure performance improvements in the Council’s sector leading recycling performance are maintained and improved;
- Develop and implement a street cleansing improvement plan.
- Project manage the upcoming annual renewal of garden waste subscriptions.
- Develop a Carbon Reduction Plan linked to the provision of waste management and cleansing services.
With proven experience of Procurement and Project Management and delivery, you will also have a clear understanding of contract management and legal requirements with significant knowledge of legislation and best practice related to waste management and recycling
Highly organised and flexible, you will have experience of managing and monitoring complex budgets and other resources in a project context.
In addition to working within a great team and a comprehensive salary you will have access to:
- Up to 29.5 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Up to 18.5% employer contributions (Local Government Pension Scheme)
- Flexible working options (e.g. hybrid and flexitime)
- Training and career development opportunities
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- Travel discount and welfare support
This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Check.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Christine Traill, Strategic Director on (01727) 819292. For full details visit our website here.