Required for September 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter – Head Teacher Group 2
Number on roll: approximately 232 including Nursery
Leadership Pay Range L15 to L21
£59,581 to £68,347
At St Aidan’s while ‘Learning and growing together, inspired by the love of Jesus’, we always aim to:
Spread happiness with a smile
Take care of others and of property
Always try our best
Include others and share
Do as Jesus asks us to
Always tell the truth
Never forget our manners
Speak calmly and kindly
St Aidan’s Catholic Primary School serves the parish and community of St Agnes’ and St Aidan’s Parishes. This popular, successful and inclusive school is a voluntary aided Catholic school within the Archdiocese of Liverpool.
The Governors are looking to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic and committed Headteacher to lead our good school in the next stage of its journey to outstanding. This is a wonderful opportunity for a vibrant and kind person who, in partnership with staff, children, senior leaders and governors, will be instrumental in the continued and future success of our school. The successful applicant will be a practising Catholic with significant Senior Leadership experience. The position offers the exciting prospect of working as part of a happy, enthusiastic team within a friendly, positive and inclusive learning environment where every child matters.
We can provide:
- a happy, nurturing and secure environment underpinned by a Catholic ethos built on the teachings of Christ
- enthusiastic, motivated, well behaved and happy children who are keen to learn and do their very best
- a hard-working and talented staff team who are dedicated to enabling all our children to achieve their potential
- a supportive and influential governing body with a clear vision for the future of our lovely school
- Strong and engaging support from parents/carers along with positive and established links with the Parish as well as the local and wider communities
You will provide:
- a genuine enthusiasm and love of children, staff and all that happens at St Aidan’s
- a clear vision for our school and the skills and ability to implement this vision in partnership with all key members of the school community including Governors, staff, children, parents, parish and local community
- A commitment to an outstanding education for all children in our care underpinned by high expectations thus securing high achievement and attainment for all
- an understanding and dedication to the importance of worklife balance for all stakeholders within school where the care and well being of all is of vital importance
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills which will develop leaders at all levels throughout the school
- proven successful leadership & management experience where you will ‘lead by example’
The school was last inspected by OFSTED in October 2021 and judged as Good with the following comment,
‘St Aidan's Catholic Primary School continues to be a good school. Pupils arrive at St Aidan’s with a smile on their face. They are greeted warmly by leaders and staff. Teachers support pupils to always be ‘ready, respectful and safe’. Pupils work hard and behave well … are well mannered and … have positive attitudes to learning.’ OFSTED October 2021
The school last received an RE inspection in January 2016 and our provision for RE was judged to be Outstanding.
St Aidan’s is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of our children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 and all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
Visits to school are recommended and warmly welcomed. Please contact our School Business Manager, Helen Wright on 0151 477 8370 to arrange a time. Completed application forms and additional documents can be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org marked FAO Chair of Governors, Mr Paul Hudson or sent manually to the school address above.
Closing date for applications: Monday, 16 May 2022 at 12 noon
Short listing: Tuesday, 17 May 2022 at 4 pm
Interviews: Tuesday/Wednesday, 24/25 May 2022