Hours of work: Teachers full-time hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Monday 23 May 2022
Interview date: Thursday 26 May 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Ringmer Primary & Nursery School
Harrisons Lane, Ringmer, East Sussex
Phone: 01273 812463
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
An opportunity has arisen to join our dedicated staff team at Ringmer Primary and Nursery School. We are a warm and welcoming larger than average village school at the heart of the community with children who are motivated and enthusiastic learners.
Ringmer Primary and Nursery School is a one and a half form entry primary school positioned on the edge of the South Downs National Park, near Lewes. The school was extended in 2016 providing us with a wonderful learning environment; we are situated in fantastic grounds that promote multiple opportunities for outdoor learning and provide excellent access to sporting facilities.
Ofsted 2019 "Leaders place the well-being of pupils at the heart of the school. Staff are trained thoroughly to care for pupils and to look out for their best interests. Pupils in turn trust staff, and this creates a happy, respectful learning community."
Our staff team are a key and valued part of our school community. They are skilled and friendly, enjoy the benefits of regular CPD and a strong wellbeing program.
We are looking to recruit a full time classteacher to start in September 2022 - applications from ECTs are welcomed. The school has a strong record for nurturing and developing early career teachers to reach their full potential.
We aim to recruit individuals who are committed to achieving the highest standards.
Our successful candidate will have:
- A high level of classroom expertise
- A track record of good or better teaching (this can be from training placements)
- A secure understanding of the curriculum
- The ability to work in partnership with staff, pupils and parents
- High expectations of pupils, colleagues and themselves
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- An awareness of the need to be reflective in all areas
- A commitment to contribute to the wider curriculum and offering enrichment opportunities to all
- The ability to effectively promote and develop the vision, aims, culture and ethos of the school
- The ability to create an inspirational learning environment
- The passion for making learning experiences exciting, memorable and engaging for all
We will offer you:
- A strong, committed and collaborative staff team including senior and middle leaders with a distributed leadership model.
- A forward thinking leadership team who are supportive, nurturing, energetic and innovative
- Well behaved, happy and enthusiastic learners who love to learn
- A happy working environment with a positive and inclusive ethos
- Hands on ond knowledgeable governing body
- An engaged village community and parent body
- A commitment to your ongoing CPD: opportunities for professional and personal development
More information about the school is available on our website.
Visits to the school are encouraged, we look forward to showing you around our school and to giving you the opportunity to meet our children and to speak to members of the team.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.