Do you have the skills and experience to assist in leading a team ?
Tarnerland Nursery School
Sussex Street, Brighton, BN2 0AR
…. a nursery maintained by the Local Authority is looking for a new Deputy Room Leader.
Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: ASAP
About the role
Tarnerland has an opportunity for the right person to join the team caring for the 2-3 year olds in our bright spacious Meadow Room which has immediate access to decking on both sides and the meadow (a large, shaded garden) overlooking the sea. This is a Level 4 position, which involves sharing leadership with the Room Leader – who is also the Deputy Manager. If you are interested but would like to know more detail please look at our website or ring the nursery 01273 658100 or just complete the application form.
Benefits of working at Tarnerland
- The nursery is in the centre of the city, in a light, spacious building with extensive outdoor space including a large garden shaded by mature trees, over-looking the sea.
- Working with an experienced, professional, happy team
- Regular supervision supporting professional development and personal well being
- All work / meetings / training taking place in contracted hours.
- Whole nursery training sessions each term plus others during the year.
- Dedicated days/times to meet new Key Children
- Regular team meetings
- Staff are on a stable all year rota of 34.5 hours per week divided into 2 x long days, 8am – 6pm and 3 short days 8am – 1.30 or 12.30 – 6pm
Further benefits of having a contract at Tarnerland is you are protected as a council employee with entitlement to all the protected working rights upheld by Brighton and Hove City council, this includes….
- A pay structure which is linked to National pay reviews (always above living wage )
- Generous pension scheme
- Up to 27 days paid holiday per year plus 8 bank holidays
- Protected pay when sick
- Fair policies and protocol that give clear guidance to employee and employer
- Entitlement to local council support services eg Human Resources, pay and pension advice, Occupational Health
Applicants could/should have:
- A relevant childcare qualification
- Experience of working with children under five in an Early Years environment.
- Good knowledge of the EYFS and practical experience of planning and assessing for children of this age.
- A proven work ethic, showing ability to sustain commitment.
- Knowledge of child protection and safeguarding would be advantageous
- Experience of working with children who have additional needs would also be preferable
Please refer to the person specification for full details
The role involves:
- Working as part of a team.
- Being a Key Person to a group of children.
- Creatively preparing part of the environment for children’s learning
Please refer to the job description for full details.
Closing date: Monday 16th May 2022
Interview date: Wednesday 25th May 2022
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
01273 658100, Tarnerland Nursery School, Sussex Street Brighton BN2 0AR, firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.