Hours of work: Full-time
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Wednesday 18 May 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Buxted CE Primary School, Hurstwood Road, Buxted, East Sussex, TN22 4BB
Phone: 01825 733185
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and inspirational teacher to join our friendly, supportive team from September.
This person could be an Early Careers Teacher or experienced. There is flexibility as to the year group - which could be from EYFS to Upper KS2 depending on the successful candidate’s experience or interests.
We are a one-form entry CofE Primary with excellent links with our local community and church. We build strong relationships with our families and the children in our care to ensure we provide a truly excellent and inclusive all-round education. Our teachers are supported by a fantastic team of teaching assistants and there’s a great team spirit to the way we work together. Our classrooms are well resourced and the school is fortunate to have extensive playing fields and lots of outdoor space.
We are seeking to recruit a teacher who:
- Loves to inspire and engage children in their learning
- Has a passion for ensuring all children achieve their full potential
- Has Qualified Teacher status
- Uses a range of teaching strategies to support the learning of all children
- Knows how to make effective use of support staff in the classroom
- Is organised and flexible with high expectations
- Enjoys the support and dynamism of working as part of a team
Desirable but not essential:
- An interest or experience in leading English
- An interest or experience in leading RE
- For teachers on the UPS scale experience supporting colleagues and leading school development
In return we offer:
- Being part of a positive, forward thinking team
- A welcoming community and a highly motivated, friendly, professional staff
- A commitment to your professional development
- Calm and purposeful learning environments
- Friendly, polite, well behaved children who deserve the very best
- Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
- A warm, supportive and friendly school environment
Visits are encouraged. Please contact the school office to arrange a suitable time.
Closing date Wednesday 18 May 5pm
Interviews Monday 23 May
September 2022 start.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.