Homes First manages a combined property portfolio of over 8,500 homes and invests almost £20M per annum in maintenance, service contracts, major repairs, and improvements. Our service is also growing as the Councils' new investment companies develop new housing, covering a range of different tenures and accommodation types.
Working within the Property Services team, you will undertake Compliance and contract administration duties for a portfolio of 8,500 properties. You will ensure that the Compliance contractors and Local Authorities obligations to residents are delivered to a high standard and to the terms of their tenancy agreements, leases, and management agreements. Homes First has a varied property portfolio from rural individual properties to flats in busy town centers. The Compliance and Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contracts team will cover property portfolios owned by both Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough Councils. The role involves:
- Raising purchase orders for works through to invoice.
- Be a point of contact for tenants, leaseholders’ contractors, and other staff.
- Support the Compliance and M&E Manager.
- Supervision of the Support Officer.
- Maintain KPI’s to ensure the Councils are compliant.
- Provide & collate evidence for the Councils legal representatives for legal action.
- Attend meetings with consultants, contractors, and team members as well as residents and members of the public.
- Communications with MP’s, Directors, Board members, Consultants, Contractors, and staff as well as residents and members of the public.
- Investigate complaints and prepare response.
- Maintain Health & Safety records.
- Assist with collating and processing compliance certification and administration, including - Annual asbestos block inspections, Electrical testing program, Gas Safety Inspections, Major works projects, large programmes of works and other works carried out via Property Services Team.
- Arrange works relating to solar panels, including removal for roof repairs, breakdown of equipment and bird nesting issues and works associated with other carbon reduction installations such as Air Source Heat Pumps.
- Enter data onto IT systems to enable effective monitoring of service contracts, estate safety inspections, asset registers and compliance with statutory duties.
- Provide reports.
- Carry out general departmental administration duties.
This position is based in Eastbourne Borough Council and Lewes District Council, you will be required to work from either Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough Council Offices as well as from Home.
It is essential that you have a minimum of two GCSE’s at grade C or above including English and Maths. An understanding of Microsoft Office applications and a basic awareness of Health & Safety in relation to property management, with excellent Customer service and a positive and professional approach. You will be required to use a laptop and learn the systems and software used that is applicable to the role.
The preferred working pattern for this post is 08:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday with an hour lunch (one day a week will finish at 16:30)