A new Border Control Facility has been set up in Ashford on the Sevington site, near junction 10A of the M20. This site will provide the customs and transit checks required for hauliers following Brexit.
The services at the Border Control Facility are being delivered through 7 functional teams covering 24 hour and 7 day week pattern of operation and we are looking for an officer to manage assigned staff in the service. Click to view the shift pattern.
You will have extensive experience in food control as you will be responsible for acting as lead signatory for fishery products and composite goods along with:
- Conducting Official Controls including carrying out checks on imports of products of animal origin and high risk food not of animal origin.
- Undertaking checks of organic food, illegal unreported and unregulated fishing, animal composites and other relevant controlled goods.
- Managing assigned staff within the service and take lead responsibility for aspects of Border Control Post work.
To make an effective contribution to the development and achievement of the Ashford Border BCP health protection and business objectives it is essential that you have MSc, Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health and Certificate of Registration with the Environmental Health Registration Board EHRB (CIEH).
In addition you will have extensive enforcement experience covering a wide range of food areas including inspection of premises, monitoring and food sampling plus prosecution experience, along with experience in:
- Operational and/or technical lead role within a food related service
- Managing of people &/or and resources including performance management
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Karis Valli on 01233 330204 or Maria Hadfield on 01233 330545.
Competitive remuneration package - We offer an excellent salary linked pension scheme, generous annual leave, free life insurance, supportive relocation package and opportunities for training and development.
To view a job description and to apply, press the button at the bottom of the page.
Ashford Borough Council recognises the need to ensure the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults when they come into contact with the services we provide.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces Community