Various hours available to suit your preference, £10.97 per hour (Inclusive of holiday entitlement)
– Halton Council are looking for people who are passionate about promoting the healthy lives of elderly people through high quality food preparation and service. Our cook roles offer a generous salary with opportunities for further development and progression.
About the homes Halton council own 3 nursing homes in the borough and a residential home:
Millbrow Care Home, Widnes- 44 bed nursing home – providing general nursing care and Dementia nursing care.
St Patricks, Widnes- 40 bedded Nursing home – providing Dementia nursing care.
St Lukes, Runcorn, 56 bedded Nursing home – providing Dementia nursing care.
Madeline McKenna, Widnes – 23 bedded home providing Residential care
All of our homes have a range of activities and areas available to the individuals who live in them, including spacious garden areas. Care in our homes is personalised and focuses on the needs and wishes of each individual.
About the job – Our cooks have a key role within our care homes, preparing and serving high quality and tasty meals, promoting better health and quality of life for residents. Your duties will include supervising and training kitchen staff, ensuring food hygiene standards are maintained at all times. You will be responsible for purchasing and monitoring food stock in accordance with the planned menus, which will be created with input from residents. You will work as part of a team, ensuring all daily duties are completed.
You will build good relationships with the residents, taking part in activities within the home, which could be anything from a relaxing drink in the garden to a competitive game of boules, nothing is off limits!
There are a range of working hrs and rotas available to meet your needs and that of the differing services.
About You - We are looking for people who share our values of supporting elderly residents to live happy and fulfilled lives, will have a patient and kind manner, as well as a drive to create a fun and positive atmosphere within the homes. You will have experience of food preparation and service.
What Halton Council can offer you-
- A commitment to provide high quality training and development opportunities to all staff.
- Opportunities for career progression within and outside of the care home setting, dependent on individual career goals
- A competitive salary, with opportunity to work overtime if wanted
- An excellent pension scheme and holiday entitlement.
We will be holding open days on 5th May at Widnes Market (10am-3pm) and 10th May at Halton Lea Library (10.30am-3pm) . We welcome you to come along and chat to us more about these roles. Alternatively you can apply via the link below
Closing date is 22nd May 2022
Interviews will be held on 27th and 30th May 2022