We have a rare and exciting opportunity to join the Schools IT team in ICT and Digital Services. This role is responsible for providing high quality support for schools through a Service Level Agreement. You will be providing day to day support for schools' administrative software system (SIMS and FMS). The successful candidate will have knowledge and proven experience with finance processes and systems.
We're proud of our community. The care we give. The services we provide. The spaces we create. But we're always looking to do more. Which is why we give our people the time, support and resources they need not only to do their job well, but also to help define the way we do things more broadly. There'll always be room for your ideas here. This is about taking ownership. And having the opportunity to learn, develop and progress.
What it's like working in our team...
The team work closely together to make sure we are providing the best support to the schools we support. Sometimes the work is challenging however there is also time for finding creative solutions and every day is different.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- Provide application support (telephone, email, face to face) for SIMS.net and FMS software that is key administrative software used by schools in the Borough to run the school effectively and ensure the welfare of the children in their care.
- Investigate and resolve issues by providing advice or training to school staff while managing customer expectations regarding timelines and complexity of resolutions.
- Work with Applications Team Manager to improve the IT SLAs offered to schools including investigating and developing opportunities to expand SLA portfolio.
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with all users of products and services.
- Wherever possible, identify potential areas for service improvement and explore how these can be achieved.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
What we're looking for...
This role requires strong customer focus, excellent interpersonal skills along with a keen interest in improving the ICT support function in addition to excellent organisational, technical and analytical skills to enable high quality, robust support for its customers as well as contributing to changing technologies. Excellent communication skills are essential, along with diplomacy, influencing skills and a thorough appreciation and understanding of the end user technology used by our customers.
You need to be skilled in challenging others in a constructive way and can demonstrate a keen record of achievement within a project-led environment. Able to deal with a multitude of varied tasks within a set time scale you need to be well organised. With good verbal and written skills, you should be able to work alongside business, IT, Digital and support colleagues with ease.
Working in a changing and developing IT environment provides great prospects for your career.
You will have lots of responsibility right from the start, you'll be empowered to help define our journey. At the same time, we'll make sure you have the training and support you need to get your own journey off to a flying start. Make your future about shaping tomorrow.
Interviews will be held on 17th June 2022.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Sarah Howard, Applications Team Manager
Tel.: 01344 351932
As part of the Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.