About The Job
Salary: £10.97 to £11.20 (includes annual leave element)
Working Pattern: Casual hours
Location: New Tyne, Worthing
Interview Date: TBC
Do you want to encourage and stimulate people to be more independent, engage with the community and maintain daily living skills?
New Tyne Resource Centre supports people with Dementia in the Worthing area and provides 14 permanent and 5 short break placements. People referred to our care are assessed as eligible through Adult Services.
New Tyne are looking for a passionate and high motivated Support Workers to join our dynamic and skilled team based in Worthing.
As a Support Worker, you will support people to access the local community, providing active support with personal and physical care and engaging people in a wide range of activities of daily living in a way that is right for them. This can include reminiscence, gentle exercise, arts, crafts and conversation-based activities. This can include reminiscence, gentle exercise, arts, crafts and conversation-based activities.
You will be involved in a wide range of activities to encourage and stimulate people with dementia through outcome based, person centred care that promotes their independence and wellbeing.
If you would like to join our dynamic team, take a look at the attached job description and see if you have the skills, qualifications, and experience to be a Support Worker here at Hobbs Field!
Experience and Skills
- Ability to interpret information, such as service complaints, and then redirect them to the appropriate person to provide quick and accurate resolution.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to provide clear and concise advice and guidance to a range of people.
- Ability to deal appropriately with expressive behaviour from the people we support, and respond sensitively to their families and carers.
- Ability to build relationships with people from a wide variety of cultural, religious and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to work as part of a team completing shared tasks in order to deliver a service to others.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills in order to record and document activities in the provider plans.
- Basic understanding of the needs of the people we support and their rights as an individual.
- Demonstrable successful experience of working as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety practice, First Aid and Fire procedure, Manual Handling - Desirable
- NVQ 2/Diploma in Care or equivalent qualification - Desirable
- Previous experience of working in a care setting and with people who have a disability or are vulnerable - Desirable
- Previous experience of running group activities - Desirable
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- A range of commuting and business travel discount and initiatives.
- Health and wellbeing benefits including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and Voluntary Health Cash Plans.
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!