Team Leader - Debtors
Salary: (£34,373 - £37,890) Grade 8
Do you have experience in the collection of debt through Income maximisation strategies?
Do you have experience in the delivery of debt strategic plans?
Are you a professional people manager with an affinity for both operational and strategic areas of business?
If the answer is yes, then read on:
The role will require you to:
- To formulate the strategic direction, priorities and plans for the service, making a major contribution to the way the Council delivers its services.
- Undertake an assessment of the business unit function and identify areas for improvements.
- Create and implement a debt collection strategy for the collection of debt.
- Developing the team through personal development / training.
- You will lead the team, responsible for providing a comprehensive recovery service, whilst delivering effective and efficient enforcement of Debt.
You will ideally be:
- Highly experienced in debt collection with proven experience of implementing strategies and business plans to improve the standing of the business unit.
- An experienced people team leader and manager, with both operational and strategic capabilities.
- Able to make decisions autonomously whilst working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all business unit areas are aligned.
- Experienced in collecting local authority debt.
- The role is a rare opportunity to join Wokingham Council on its transformation journey.
For further information please contact Becky Mortimer-Browne – Revenues & Recovery Manager on: Mobile 07824 406992
Closing date for applications: 22 May 2022, 11pm
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.