Your plans will shape how we do things. Join our team of SEND officers.
We’re always looking for better ways of doing things. How can we make the most of our resources? Support SEN children reach their full potential? Create new spaces our children and young people want to access their education smoothly? These are just some of the things you could be looking at when you join us. You’re going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. You’ll have time to immerse yourself in the community. To deliver better today. And to create a better tomorrow.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
- To be responsible for an allocated caseload of children and young people with special educational needs, following the processes and procedures
- Coordination of requests for EHC needs assessment and processes relating to the determinate of whether an EHC needs assessment is necessary and assessment where the decision is to proceed
- Ensuring all communication, both verbally, and written, is legally compliant. Making effective use of the SEND Database in managing the EHC needs assessment process, ensuring that LA procedures are followed, and all relevant data and information is recorded on the database
- Prepare chronologies and responses with SEND managers which may include but is not limited to mediation, tribunal submissions, freedom of information requests, data protection queries, customer feedback, complaints and general enquiries.
- Writing EHC Plans, taking account of specialist professional reports, and the importance of the connection between the child/young persons’ aspirations, outcomes, needs and provision. Ensuring review and monitoring of progress is in accordance with statutory guidelines
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket
What we’re looking for…
You will have excellent communication skills and will be well organised. You will also have proven knowledge and experience of data systems and data management. We are looking for someone who is able to work in a customer focused environment and is interested in working with services for pupils with special educational needs.
Interview date: To be confirmed
Want to ask a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
The SEND team via email – SEN.Education@Bracknell-forest.gov.uk
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please