Your plans will shape how we do things. Join us to lead a team of SEND officers focusing on the EHCP assessment process.
We’re always looking for better ways of doing things. How can we make the most of our resources? Support SEN children reach their full potential? Create new spaces our children and young people want to access their education smoothly? These are just some of the things you could be looking at when you join us. You’re going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. You’ll have time to immerse yourself in the community. To deliver better today. And to create a better tomorrow.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
Bracknell Forest is an inclusive local authority and most children and young people, including those with more complex special educational needs, will attend a local mainstream school.
We are keen that our children and young people with special educational needs and disability get the right support from as early as possible, so they achieve the best possible outcomes to be well-prepared for life as adults. We recognise that supporting our children and young people towards greater independence and employability can be life-transforming.
We have a new Head of SEND and are transforming the team. If you don’t mind a fast pace of doing things, this is an exciting time to join our team.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- Manage a team of SEND case workers who will have responsibility for ensuring that there is an effective and statutorily compliant EHC assessment pathway in place which results in high quality EHC plans.
- Effectively lead the EHC assessment team to ascertain appropriate performance targets are in place to ensure timeliness and quality of plans and driving continuous improvement at service level, through regular monitoring and reporting of the assessment element.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an effective Quality Assurance Framework relating to the EHC process.
- Instigate effective decision-making groups, and manage co-ordination, reporting and implementation of the decisions made by this governance structure.
- Present robust reports, in relation to
- Monthly comparisons of timescales within the assessment process
- Bi-annual audit of quality of assessments
- Monthly ‘customer satisfaction’ surveys
- Provide advice, support and training to schools, social care and health professionals about SEND timescales, structure and processes.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
You will have excellent communication skills and will be well organised. You will also have proven knowledge and experience of data systems and data management. We are looking for someone who is able to work in a customer focused environment and is interested in working with services for pupils with special educational needs.
Interviews will be held on 26th May.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
The SEND team via email – SEN.Education@Bracknell-forest.gov.uk
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.