Help to shape how we do things. Get great prospects for your future.
We’re always looking for better ways of doing things. How can we make the most of our resources? Support SEN children reach their full potential? Create new spaces our children and young people want to access their education smoothly? These are just some of the things you could be looking at when you join us. You’re going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. You’ll have time to immerse yourself in the community. To deliver better today. And to create a better tomorrow.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
Bracknell Forest is an inclusive local authority and most children and young people, including those with more complex special educational needs, will attend a local mainstream school.
We are keen that our children and young people with special educational needs and disability get the right support from as early as possible, so they achieve the best possible outcomes to be well-prepared for life as adults. We recognise that supporting our children and young people towards greater independence and employability can be life-transforming
We have a new Head of SEND and are transforming the team. If you don’t mind a fast pace of doing things, this is an exciting time to join our team.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- Manage relationship with the commissioning and finance teams to ensure that the local offer is able to provide Bracknell Forest children, young people and their families with access to sufficient specialist provision, and appropriate specialist educational support services.
- Manage a budget of £9.4 million to ensure that commissioned services are delivered within the High Needs Budget allocation, avoiding overspend.
- Implement and monitor an efficient system to manage spend against the High Needs Budget, and report to Schools Forum in relation to this. Budget responsibilities include:
- Top-up funding for specialist settings
- Top-up funding for mainstream schools and Colleges
- The cost of placements for Bracknell Forest pupils attending schools maintained by other Local Authorities and the income received for the cost of pupils from other Local Authorities attending schools maintained by Bracknell Forest
- Independent Non-Maintained settings
- Overall responsibility for the co-ordination of data and Quality Assurance processes to bring about targeted change and improvement in the work for the SEND Team. This will involve:
- The collation and coordination of service improvement plans
- The framework for settings targets and measuring improvement
- Collating improvement data against improvement targets
- Reporting on measured improvement
- Present robust reports, in relation to:
- Monthly comparisons of timescales within the assessment process
- Bi-annual audit of quality of assessments
- Monthly ‘customer satisfaction’ surveys
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
You will have excellent communication skills and will be well organised. You will also have proven knowledge and experience of data systems and data management. We are looking for someone who is able to work in a customer focused environment and is interested in working with services for pupils with special educational needs.
Interviews will be held on 19th May.
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
The SEND team via email – SEN.Education@Bracknell-forest.gov.uk
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.