We are looking for a Planning Performance Team Leader to join our Planning Team to manage the data systems and the administrative and logistical needs of the planning service. You will manage the collection, organisation, storage and dissemination of planning services data and provide analysis for use by the Planning Manager. Duties will include:
- To keep up to date, real time information on the Council’s website for easy access by the public, Town and Parish Councils, Members and officers.
- To collect, analyse and present performance monitoring data for use by the Planning Manager and Managers within the Service.
- Management of the Planning Support Team budget.
- Provide effective leadership and strong performance management of the Planning Support Team by use of 1:1s, team meetings, appraisals, mentoring and guiding of individual staff members.
- To provide a customer focused planning service.
- Identify and implement new ways of working to maintain/increase service income, including preparing business cases and undertaking a risk assessment.
- To ensure the Planning service is kept up to date with all legislation changes.
- Ensure awareness and compliance with the Council’s policies, Code of Conduct and Constitution.
You will need:
- Management qualification equivalent to NVQ Level 4
- Experience in managing a team working to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of performance improvement and monitoring techniques
If you are the person for us, then we will do our very best to find a working arrangement that helps you balance your work and your life.
For an informal discussion, please contact Sean Kearney on 01237 428708
Further information and an application form are available from our website http://careers.torridge.gov.uk/Vacancies.php
Closing date: 27 September 2018 at midday
Interview date : 16 October 2018