Directorate: Children's Services
Starting salary: JG4: £20,444 - £22,129 per annum, pro rata
Location: Based in North Somerset, either Long Ashton or Weston-super-Mare
Hours: Various part time and full time – Job Share available
Closing date: 30 June 2022
Early Birds Nursery and Little Waves Nursery are two of three in North Somerset. We are proud of our strong Children’s Centre links and the shared core values which are embedded throughout our nursery. We work closely with our families and have effective partnerships with a range of agencies including Family Support Workers, Social Workers and Health Visitors, towards improving the outcomes for our children.
We are seeking to appoint well-qualified and experienced Early Years Nursery Workers of the highest calibre who are dedicated to achieving the best possible outcomes for young children. This is an exciting opportunity to join our highly qualified teams.
Posts available are:
30 hours term time only Little Waves Community Nursery
37 hours term time only Little Waves Community Nursery
37 hours AYR x 4 Early Birds Nursery
32 hours AYR x 2 Early Birds Nursery
The successful candidates will be enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated. They will be reliable and patient, and who, whilst working under the direction on their room lead, has the confidence to use their initiative and work on their own. They will have good knowledge of the EYFS framework and ideally, have experience of working with children 6 months – 4 years and ‘In the Moment Planning’ although, not essential.
Benefits of working for North Somerset Council:
- Attractive area to live and work.
- Excellent schools and first class road, rail and air links.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent pension scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlements – Nursery Manager: 26 days (pro rata) rising to 31 (pro rata) days after 5 years consecutive service
- High-quality supervision and support.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
- Bicycle salary sacrifice scheme.
- Ability to influence strategy and practice.
- Family friendly policies including childcare benefit scheme.
- Employer committed to equality and diversity.
- Employee assistance programme and occupational health support.
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Lucy Thie, Little Waves Nursery on 01934 426344.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.