Job Title: Educational Psychologists
Salary Range: Soulbury Scale A Point 3-8 (plus up to 3 SPAs)
Hours: Full Time/Part Time/Variable Hours Available
Contract: Permanent and Fixed Term Contracts Available
If you are a qualified, HCPC registered Educational Psychologist, please contact us!
We are looking to extend our workforce of outstanding, innovative, and creative EPs.
Do you recognise the value the difference your professionalism has on life outcomes.
If yes, we would like to meet with you. Come and join our innovative, dynamic and reflective service and support our work on behalf of Hertfordshire’s children and young people (0-25 years).
• Up to 36 days annual leave (pro rata)
• Additional market forces payment of £3,000 (pro rata) paid in two equal instalments over the financial year.
• ‘SEN Support’ intervention through a Consultation model of service delivery
• Regular CPD opportunities: Learning Sets, professional networking & development, Service, County and external events, reflective supervision and peer support
• Opportunities to participate in countywide initiatives e.g. Autism Education Trust Training, VIG, Task and Finish groups
• Team desks and storage, with dedicated EP team based administrative support
• Being part of a broad multi-disciplinary integrated local team, working closely with SEN Officers, Early Years Practitioners, Specialist Teachers, and Attendance Officers
• Free parking
• Strong links with university courses
• A varied workforce, including Principal EP, Team Managers, Senior EPs, Trainee EPs, Psychology Assistants, Performance, Monitoring and Project Officer and Support Officers
• Relocation package if eligible (quick access from Hertfordshire to London by train from all team areas)
- Work/life balance and staff wellbeing
- Flexibility of working practices
- Prioritisation of professional and peer supervision, separate from line management
- Keeping up to date with, and contributing to, research and evidence based practice
- Staff views and collaboration to develop our Service to promote the impact made to children and young people’s life outcomes
Closing: 16th September 2018 – applications are reviewed regularly during the advertising period.
For an informal discussion please call the EPS Central Office on 01992 588585 or to find out more about our service please visit https://jobs.hertfordshire.gov.uk/sectors/working-with-children/educational-psychology-service.aspx
Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information click here
To apply: Please follow the 'Apply for Job' button at the bottom of the screen.
As part of the application you will be prompted to provide a supporting statement which is your opportunity to evidence how your skills, knowledge and experience match what we are looking for based on the PERSON SPECIFICATION area of the attached Job Outline. If you do not supply a supporting statement, your application may be rejected.
For Candidate Guidance on How to Apply: Click Here
All questions marked with a * are mandatory question and must be answered – you will not be able to submit your application until all mandatory questions have been answered.
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
AS PART OF THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO TRAVEL TO VISIT SERVICE USERS OUT IN THE COMMUNITY, EITHER IN THEIR HOMES OR AT OTHER VENUES IN ORDER TO UNDERTAKE ASSESSMENTS. YOU WILL ALSO BE REQUIRED TO ATTEND MEETINGS AT OTHER SITES OTHER THAN YOUR OWN WORK BASE. IN LIGHT OF THIS, REGULAR ACCESS TO A CAR IS REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE.