Wokingham Borough Council has an ambitious agenda over the coming years. We are working towards sustaining economic growth as part of the Covid recovery plan for the Borough. We have declared a climate emergency and are working towards net zero carbon by 2030. We are also continuing to invest in a significant housing development programme across the Borough, providing more affordable homes and regenerating communities.
We are looking for a highly motivated Regeneration and Development Officer, with great communication, analytical and project management skills, to join its Economic Development and Growth team. You will lead on the implementation and delivery of housing regeneration projects within the Council’s own housing stock, actively identifying opportunities for development. You will explore and develop opportunities for joint ventures with other developers and RPs on Council owned sites and look at investment opportunities within housing, including the utilisation of HRA borrowing and s106 affordable housing contributions and build business cases to support this investment. You will also support the commissioning of housing and other infrastructure through the co-ordination of a needs register, producing a timeline and plan for the different service requirements.
Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject, you will be an experienced regeneration and/or development professional with a strong grasp of the housing sector and understanding of housing policy. You’ll need to be a highly organised and driven individual, with a strong ability to negotiate and achieve results.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Develop the Council’s strategic approach to regenerating the Council’s housing stock, working closely with other departments to ensure that any regeneration programmes meet corporate priorities and create added value within the local community
- Lead on the implementation and delivery of housing regeneration projects within the Council’s own housing stock, identifying opportunities for development, sourcing funding opportunities and developing robust financial business cases to support the regeneration and delivery and providing robust project management from implementation to delivery.
- Lead on the project management of commissioned housing projects based on service need, including developing robust business cases, taking projects from implementation through to completion.
- Explore and develop opportunities for joint ventures with other developers and RPs on Council owned sites
- Look at investment opportunities within housing, including the utilisation of HRA borrowing and s106 affordable housing contributions and build business cases to support this investment.
- Co-ordinate needs for housing and community infrastructure from each service area within the Council, producing a timeline and plan for the different requirements, helping to inform commissioning and development
Skills, attributes and experience
We are looking for a candidate with regeneration and/or development experience in the housing sector, either from a local authority or housing association and who has a strong grasp of housing policy. Candidates should be self-starters and be enthusiastic about working for a progressive local authority with big ambitions for housing in the borough.
For an informal, confidential discussion about this role, please contact the recruiting manager Frances Haywood on 07769 955068 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Close Date: Friday, 1st July 2022 at 11:00 pm
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.