Children’s Social Care require 2 x Business Administration Apprentices to support 2 different teams within the department. You will carry out a range of duties including:
- Produce and maintain documents, presentations and spreadsheets, using Microsoft Office.
- Assist in the maintenance of records.
- Take and accurately relay messages for team members.
- Arrange meetings and take minutes as required.
- Undertake filing, photocopying and other administrative tasks.
- Maintain supplies of office stationery and equipment.
- Input and update information on the internal database.
- Gather and collate specific data as required.
- Observe confidentiality at all times.
You will have good communication skills, be able to deal with confidential information discretely, a good understanding of customer service, be flexible and reliable and will have a GCSE (Grade C or above) in English and Maths. Good understanding and experience of using Word, Excel and email are important too.
Full training will be given as part of this apprenticeship which will last for 14 months. You will study towards a level 2 qualification in Business Administration whilst also developing practical experience of working with others.
You will work with an assessor employed by Bracknell and Wokingham College, and will be required to attend their premises in Bracknell on a regular basis during the apprenticeship.
How to Apply
Please apply online (see below).
It is important that you read the Application Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Bracknell Forest Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff employed by the Council in contact with children or young people must be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken. We take up references for all shortlisted candidates and, wherever possible, apply for these prior to interview.