Abbey School - Nexus Multi Academy Trust
Little Common Lane
Start date: September 2018, working 36 hours per week term time only.
Due to our excellent CPD package a number of our current ISW’s have moved up into more senior positions as so this along with growing pupil numbers has led to us having vacancies to welcome more people into our team.
Are you ready for your next challenge? Can you teach and deliver creatively? Are you passionate about making a real difference to pupils with SEND? Take a leap and become part of #teamabbey
Abbey School is a school for young people with SEND. We are a small school based in Kimberworth Rotherham and currently have 118 pupils aged from reception to post 16 on roll currently but in September we will be increasing to 140. The school has a strong ethos on inspiring youngsters to learn, believing that they are able to overcome any barriers and achieving their absolute full potential.
We have an immersive approach to our curriculum that is thematic throughout the school. Our classrooms are immersive and allow pupils to work independently and in collaboration together. We are a school that has gone through a massive transformation over the past few years and have made amazing progress to achieving the best possible outcomes for every individual pupil. We would strongly advise you to look round the school to see some of our ongoing fantastic work. We are looking to appoint an ISW to work with our fantastic pupils, families and staff team.
Do you have:
- Experience of supporting children with special educational needs and challenging behaviour
- The skills to place pupil learning at the centre of all your practice.
- The ability to make sound judgements on attainment & progress of students, assess and celebrate in their success.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to enthuse and motivate others
- Experience of delivering a diverse package of learning & pastoral support to pupils.
- Ability to set appropriate and challenging targets for yourself and others
- Ability to make and take decisions both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to contribute to and share quality practice with other ISWs, teachers and the team.
- Commitment to partnership between staff, parents and students
- Grade C or above in both English & Maths GCSE or equivalent.
Visits to the school are welcomed but will have to be on one of these dates.
Please contact school to let us know if you will be coming.
Tuesday 11th September 2018 10am.
Wednesday 12th September 2018 4pm.
Application packs are available at the side of this advert and also off our website http://abbeyschool.co/.
Please send completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 17th September 2018, 12 noon
Shortlisting: Monday 17th September 2018, PM
Interviews: Wednesday 26th September 2018 (revised date)