Salary Details: AfC Spinal point 45 - 48 (£42,735 - £45,645)
Appointment Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time 36 hours
Location: Moor Lane Children's Centre
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic nurse with excellent communication skills and specific qualifications in children’s nursing, who has the ability to manage a team and lead them as we move forward.
As a Team Leader – Community Nurse Team for Achieving for Children, you will be responsible for
- Professional and clinical management & leadership of nurses within the team
- Providing training and development of nurses, teaching staff in schools, parents/carers as required for service
- Providing clinical nursing care in community as required.
- Developing and maintain high quality nursing services within the Integrated Service for Children with Disabilities, and within the special schools in Kingston.
- Providing clinical and professional leadership to the professional nursing team.
This is a fantastic role in a lively and supportive team.
We have been up and running for four years, and in that time we have established a reputation as one of the leading children’s services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education’s eight ‘Partners in Practice’, tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
To be a Team Leader – Community Nurse Team for AfC, you will be passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children and young people as well as demonstrating the following points
- Have sound knowledge and understanding of children’s community nursing services to children 0-18 who have a range of development, disorder and neurological disabilities.
- To have effective interpersonal skills to be able to develop working rapport and working relationships
- An understanding and ability to manage the workload and performance of other professionals.
In return, we will offer you high quality support and development opportunities. Our learning and development offer was highlighted as a key strength by the judging panel when they named us Social Work Employer of the Year in 2016.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Joan Myers - Associate Director for Health Services & Chief Nurse email email@example.com for an informal discussion.
Benefits of working for Achieving for Children
As a social enterprise owned by three local authorities (Kingston, Richmond and Windsor & Maidenhead), we offer the freedoms of a social enterprise with the employment benefits of local government. We offer a range of excellent staff benefits, including generous annual leave entitlements, cycle to work scheme, annual season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
The successful candidate will have access to;
- Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
- A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
- Retention of continuous service benefits, for those moving from a local government post
- A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
- Tools and models to support practice, including Signs of Safety
- Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
You will find out more about our organisation at https://www.achievingforchildren.org.uk
How to apply
Before applying please refer to the role profile and ensure you meet the essential criteria. You will then need to complete the online application, adding a supporting statement addressing how you meet the criteria outlined on the role profile. Some of our positions require CV only.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. However, should you not declare an offence that is subsequently revealed, e.g. through the DBS check, then this may place your appointment in jeopardy.
Advert Closing Date : 23/09/2018
Provisional Interview Dates: 08/10/2018