Assistant Team Manager - Locality (Family Support and Protection)
Sefton is a diverse and exciting local authority that is on a journey of aspiration and ambition as it works towards delivering it’s exciting Sefton 2030 Vision. This journey is shared with our partners and communities as we strive to ensure Sefton is a confident and connected borough. We are on a journey on transformation which will involveworking alongside Leeds City Council to implement a whole partnership and social work approach as we adopt Leeds Family Valued Model and strengthen our work with children, young people and families.
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Team Managers for our locality teams. We have created ATM posts to provide additional support to our social work teams and improve timeliness and quality of our child in need, safeguarding and court work. Your role will be to work closely with the Team Manager to support your team in their work with children, young people and families. You will be surrounded by determined and dedicated colleagues and managers who will help you in any way they can. We have a supportive, inclusive culture and want all our employees to feel valued in their roles. With a new DCS in post, increased senior management support and innovative plans afoot this is an exciting time to come and work with us; please join us in our improvement journey!
What we require from you:
- Social Work Degree or equivalent Social Work Qualification
- Current registration with Social Work England (or if a social work student, clear date for registration within 3 months)
- A commitment to working transparently; in partnership with children, families, and partner agencies
- Experience of mentoring and supporting others
- Knowledge of childcare legislation, statutory guidance and best practice research and the ability to prepare analytical, timely reports and statements for Court
- Knowledge of the Assessment Framework and ability to assess risk and need
- Ability to manage your own caseload with appropriate support, guidance, and supervision
- Ability to make child centred, complex decisions, using evidence-based tools and analysis
- Ability to understand and demonstrate a commitment to equality and diversity
- Ability to communicate with children and young people; ensuring their voice and experiences shine through
- Commitment to your own personal development and professional growth
Our offer to you:
If you join our locality teams as an Assistant Team Manager, you can expect to receive the following:
- A warm Sefton welcome
- A comprehensive induction programme
- Support from your Team Manager and Service Manager; with access to good quality, regular reflective supervision
- Manageable caseloads for your team
- A wide variety of career progression routes bespoke to individual training and development needs as identified in annual PDRs
- Robust ASYE, Senior Social Worker progression and practice educator programmes in partnership with HEIs
- Excellent training and development opportunities including a wide-ranging offer from our in-house workforce training and development unit as well as access to a number of external accredited opportunities
- Partnership with Research in Practice, providing access to online webinars, podcasts and materials linked to the latest research and policy updates to support your CPD and inform evidence-based reports
- 27 days annual leave rising to 32 days with 5 years continual service and 8 bank holidays
- Enhanced sick pay scheme, maternity/adoption leave pay and maternity support leave
- Opportunities for agile/flexible working
- Access to free eye tests and where appropriate, contribution towards spectacles
- Occupational Health Service available to advise on work related health issues
- Commitment to supporting staff’s emotional and mental health with access to a free and confidential employee counselling service
- Discounted gym membership with all Active Sefton gyms
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes including childcare vouchers
- Access to local benefits and discounts on products and services
- Relocation package as appropriate
Interviews will likely take place on
So, now you’ve heard all about us, we would love to hear about you! Please contact Service Managers Sian Hudson on 07773 650439 or Ali Wellman on 07773 650436 for an informal chat.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s (unless specified on the advert).
Please fully complete the online application form.