The role involves maintaining both our ARC outreach buildings and residential homes working across Hertfordshire, ensuring that general building maintenance works are carried out to a high standard. With practical experience in general repairs, you must have the ability to work unsupervised in a trustworthy and competent manner and have a sound knowledge of fire and Health and Safety regulations.
You must be able to keep accurate records of maintenance and repairs and demonstrate the ability to maintain a schedule of programmed maintenance requirements.
As this post requires attending sites across the county, you must have a full driving licence and access to transportation. You must be able to work alongside the staff to engage children and young people in carrying out some of the minor jobs. This post will require an enhanced DBS check.
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
- Car mileage is paid if required to travel to jobs outside of Stevenage
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.