We are looking for a Housing Engagement Officer on either a 12-month secondment or fixed term contract to join the well-established and ambitious Housing Engagement team within Waltham Forest’s Housing Service. In February 2021 the Housing Service redesigned their services and has launched a new structure to reflect the current demands. As such there has never been a more exciting and challenging time to join the Service.
To succeed in this role, you will need to build positive relationships with local residents and other key stakeholders, communicate well and multi-task to tight deadlines. As well as thrive on working with a diverse community and partners to make a positive impact on the future of our tenants and leaseholders. Also having experience working on, or participating in, in community projects is a real asset. If you are a team player and problem-solver, we’d like to hear from you.
You will support the production and the delivery of various engagement and consultation projects with our tenants and leaseholders. You will play vital role in reflecting on engagement exercises and residents’ preferences through various channels. You will support the development of different community groups and networks, encouraging greater resident participation across different service areas. The role will also involve delivering innovative digital engagement methods to engage with a wider spectrum of audiences. You will support other members in the team with community cohesion events which we hold for tenants and leaseholder.
We are looking for:
- An energetic, highly organised and proactive person with a willingness to learn and enjoys working with a diverse range of people as well as having a strong interest in community development and engagement projects.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as being proficient in IT as our engagement methods have shifted to include more virtual channels due to the pandemic.
- Ideally from Waltham Forest, with great knowledge of the services and activities available in the local area.
You will be responsible for / key priorities are:
- Engaging, communicating and promoting opportunities to support residents and our local community. This includes providing stories for our quarterly magazine Resident News and our refreshed Resident Involvement Strategy 2022 -2025.
- Work with community action groups to support, plan and deliver projects / events that help improve the health and wellbeing of our local community (Community Fun Days / estate improvement projects etc). Also manage and support Tenant, Resident, Leaseholder Associations (TRLA’s) and other resident networking groups.
- Building strong relationships with our contractors Social Value Teams, to aid connecting residents with new skills, training opportunities, tools and networks.
The Housing Engagement Team
The team focuses on building strong long-lasting relationships with tenants and leaseholders. Our objective is to ensure residents are kept informed and proactively engaged on various housing initiatives. Success in this role will depend on collaborative working across the Housing Service, wider Council and our partners. You will add value and deliver engagement initiatives as part of wider Housing strategies, which make our borough a better place to live, work and play.
How to apply
Please read the attached Housing Engagement Officer job description, it gives an outline of what the role will need to deliver.
Good luck and we look forward to receiving your application!
If you would like more information or an informal conversation, please don’t hesitate to contact:
Housing Engagement Manager
E - Charlene.firstname.lastname@example.org
M - 07884 561 117
How to Apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.