Hours of work: Full-time Teachers hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Friday 25 February 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Maynards Green Community Primary School, Maynards Green, Heathfield, East Sussex, TN21 0DD
Phone: 01435 812622
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Situated between Horam and Heathfield, Maynards Green is a successful and popular, community primary school with an excellent reputation in the area. We have a friendly and supportive staff, well-behaved children and first class resources. We are a school with high ambitions for pupils and staff alike, and a clear and shared vision. Driven by our core values, we encourage independence, creativity and emotional intelligence and actively plan opportunities for the children to develop in those areas as we believe they are the key to helping children become life-long learners.
We are currently seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Upper KS2 Teacher, who shares our vision and values, to join us in September 2022 (or possibly earlier).
The successful candidate will:
- Value our children, putting them at the heart of all they do
- Be caring, imaginative and innovative
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner, committed to high standards and ensuring pupil progress and attainment are a priority
- Have a thorough knowledge of the KS2 primary curriculum and a proven track record of raising achievement
- Have experience of leading a subject area or phase
- Build excellent relationships with children and adults alike
We can offer you:
- A warm welcome and a vibrant and exciting place to work
- Happy, confident, well-behaved children who are enthusiastic and eager to learn
- A forward-thinking leadership team who welcomes fresh ideas, honest values and a sense of teamwork
- A strong team of staff and governors who are supportive and care for each other
- A commitment to enable you to grow professionally and be part of a true learning culture
- The possibility of a TLR for the right candidate
Please be aware that because of the high volume of applicants expected, only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted after the closing date
Informal visits are warmly welcomed and strongly recommended - please contact Hannah Kelsall, our School Secretary, on 01435 812622, to make an appointment. Information about the school can be found by visiting our website.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.