Hours of work: 30 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only (working for 39 weeks per year plus 5.85 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 years' continuous service)
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Friday 28 January 2022
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Sandown Primary School, The Ridge, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 2AA
Phone: 01424 436983
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Sandown is a popular school at the heart of the local community. Our five vision statements demonstrate the way in which we support children, parents and staff to develop and grow as unique individuals. We are seeking an enthusiastic and flexible Nursery Practitioner to become part of our highly motivated nursery team.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum Level 3 qualification in Early Years and Childcare.
- Have experience in a childcare setting and good up to date knowledge of the EYFS.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate reflective practice to continuously improve outcomes for every child.
- Have good organisational and planning skills and work effectively as part of a team while providing a stimulating and caring environment for children to develop and flourish in their learning.
- Have the ability to communicate professionally to all both verbally and in writing.
- Exercise discretion and maintain confidentially.
- Enjoy working with and caring for children.
- Be highly motivated and keen to learn.
We can offer you:
- children that are enthusiastic and eager to learn
- A supportive and committed staff team and a fantastic working environment
- Excellent training and development opportunities opportunities
Working hours: Mon-Fri 8.45am-3.15pm (subject to the requirements of the Nursery)
For an informal chat - please contact Gina at the Nursery 01424436983 (Option 6)
For an application pack please visit the school website www.sandown.school or contact the school office directly on 01424 436983
Interviews: Thursday 3 February 2022 (am)
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.