With an ethos based on enjoyment, achievement and wellbeing for all, Whitefield Academy Trust seeks to open up the world for children and young people with SEND. Located in Waltham Forest, the Trust comprises Joseph Clarke School (for children with vision impairment and /or additional needs), Whitefield School (for pupils with complex needs including autism, learning difficulties and sensory and physical impairments), Professional Development Services and the highly successful Project SEARCH East London.
We are expert in serving children and young people with SEND and giving them the tools, skills and confidence to move on to the next stages of their education and lives.
We are looking for an exceptional Learning Support Assistant or a Teaching assistant with experience of working with children and young people with special educational needs
You will need an NVQ3 qualification or equivalent
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with class teachers to plan, prepare and deliver learning activities for individuals, groups or classes on or off site, including inclusion into other settings where appropriate
- Providing cover for absent teachers or Supervisory Teaching Assistants in their own or other teams as necessary (once they have completed relevant training). You will be paid £40 extra per day to cover unplanned teacher absence on request and £20 per half day to cover planned teacher absence when you have assisted in planning lessons delivered without a teacher present.
- If required, providing planned cover when required to release teachers from the classroom, e.g. for PPA or leadership and management time (once they have completed relevant training).
Successful candidates will be required to satisfactorily complete the training course in planning for and managing a group. On completion of this course they will be expected to undertake planned or emergency cover for teachers.
Why join Whitefield Academy Trust?
Just as we seek to give our pupils an outstanding school experience, we want every member of our team to find being part of Whitefield Academy Trust a fulfilling and enjoyable experience. Whatever their role, we are committed to supporting each team member and giving them every opportunity to progress their careers across our schools and services.
We are proud to offer:
- A wide-ranging and high-quality CPD programme which can be tailored around each team member’s unique skills and career aspirations;
- A welcoming and inspiring working environment in which colleagues look out for and support one another;
- Opportunities to share best practice and ideas with colleagues across the Trust;
- Wellbeing support mechanisms including practical and emotional support and a Staff Wellbeing Group,
- A competitive local government or teachers’ pension scheme, with defined benefits;
- Very generous annual leave allowances;
- Recognition of continuous service with Local Authorities and other academy trusts for various employment entitlements;
- Interest free loans for bicycle purchase;
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Flexible working
- Mentoring scheme
But, above all, working at Whitefield Academy Trust is a highly rewarding and satisfying experience. Thanks to the commitment, energy and determination of our staff, all of our children and young people make fantastic progress during their time with us. Watching their progress and working alongside families is immensely satisfying and, as a Trust, we take every opportunity to recognise and celebrate the important role our staff play in transforming the lives of our children and young people.
Find out more
For an informal conversation about the role please make an appointment with Jacqui Webb on ext 3004 to speak with the Principal – Rachel Rai
Closing date: Friday 21 January 2022
Interview date: w/c Monday 24 January 2022
Start date: As soon as a Disclosure and Barring Service check has been received
Whitefield Academy Trust is uncompromising in its commitment to safeguarding children and young people.
The Trust is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit, ensuring best practice in our recruitment process is essential to our commitment.