Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprentice (4 posts)
32.5 hours - Term Time Only / Fixed term 18 months
Schools – Rowan Park Specialist Education School
The postholder would be required to work with and supervise individuals and groups of children and young people with significant Special Educational Needs under the direction / instruction of teaching and / or senior staff, inclusive of specific individual learning needs, enabling access to learning for all pupils and assistance and support in classroom management and behaviour techniques. With specific responsibility to support the teaching and learning of children with severe and complex learning difficulties.
Provide additional support for individual pupils enabling them to maintain their access to learning, this will include:
- Personal Care – follow individual personal care plan, which includes toileting, dressing/undressing, washing, teeth cleaning and any other individual pupil/student’s needs.
- Pastoral Support – to support individual behaviour plans, social, emotional, wellbeing programs and any other pupil/students’ needs including supporting pupils with challenging behaviour.
- Specialist Equipment – to use specialist equipment to support pupil’s mobility/therapy such as standing frames, walkers, hoists and any other individual pupil/student’s needs.
- Assisted Feeding – to provide support for students/pupils in their eating and drinking plans using specialist equipment such as Peg feeding, pump feeding and any other specialist equipment needed to support individual students/pupils.
- Medical Needs – willingness to support student/pupils individual medical needs providing such support as suctioning, administering emergency rescue medication, following appropriate training, and any other specific individual requirements.
Whilst undertaking this role you would also be working towards a Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship, therefore would be expected to complete all aspects of this apprenticeship.
This post will be based at Rowan Park Specialist Education School,
Sterrix Lane, Bootle, L21 0DA
Closing date – Friday 4th February 2022
Interviews – Tuesday 22nd February 2022
For an application pack please email Apprenticeships@Sefton.gov.uk