Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator
Downsell Primary School
Salary: MTS – L4 (depending on experience)
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing date: 4th February 2022
Start Date: April 2021 or sooner (can be negotiated)
Interview: Week commencing 07/02/22
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you a confident and inspiring leader who is passionate about Inclusion? We are seeking to appoint a passionate, dynamic and inspirational SENDCO to work with our school community. We are offering the unique opportunity to join us as a SENDCO to lead, develop and support effective practice for pupils with particular learning needs to ensure these are addressed in the most effective way.
You will be responsible for the strategic direction and development of Inclusion across the school. Through playing a leading role in maintaining and developing the whole school’s culture and ethos of inclusion, you will provide strategies to support pupils with a variety of needs to meet the school’s aspirational expectations. This unique role will involve a teaching commitment along with release for the SENDCO role. There is the option to obtain the SENDCO qualification and to work alongside an experienced SENDCO whilst you get to know the school and develop your skills.
The role will involve monitoring the impact of teaching and learning activities on the progress made by pupils with SEND, EAL as well as teaching responsibilities.
The successful candidate will join a creative, vibrant and supportive team of leaders and colleagues with excellent educational standards.
Our new SENDCO will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status (Primary or Secondary trained).
- Qualified to degree level.
- Recent experience working as SENDCo/Inclusion Leader/SEN Teacher
- Commitments to helping all pupils reach their full potential.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other professionals.
- Ability to plan and design exciting and engaging lessons and schemes of work.
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum and the SEN Code of Practice
- An understanding of how to set high standards and aspirations as well as the commitment to relentlessly maintaining these.
- Able to think creatively and practically when trying to achieve an objective.
- Excellent communication skills.
We can offer:
- A creative, welcoming and supportive team
- Enthusiastic, well-behaved pupils who are eager to learn
- Hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues
- A well informed and supportive Governing Body who are committed to the development of all staff
- Supportive parents with high aspirations of children and our school
Visits to the school are essential and can be arranged by contacting the Headteacher on 020 8556 0103.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening, including checks with past employers and the DBS. References will be taken up before interviews are offered.
Deena Chetty (Headteacher)
Tele: 020 8556 0103
How to Apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.