At Hammersmith & Fulham, we are ambitious in reforming the council to ensure this is a place for everybody. Within the Environment Department, we offer a wide range of services to help make the borough an attractive place, one that is safe, clean and green and one in which our residents take pride.
Hammersmith and Fulham Council's key priorities as set out in the H&F Vision are:
- Building shared prosperity
- Doing things with residents, not to them
- Taking pride in H&F
- Creating a compassionate council
- Being ruthlessly financially efficient
- Rising to the challenge of the climate and ecological emergency
In order to achieve this vision, the Transport Department are looking for an experienced transport professional to join the Smarter Transport service and work with a team of specialists.
As part of the team you will work closely with colleagues across Transport, Highways and the wider Council to ensure that all transport projects incorporate sustainable and active travel priorities. In addition to ensuring the safety and sustainability of all road users you will ensure the Council's behaviour change programme and modal shift aspirations are realised, while ensuring that active travel projects remove barriers to entry for prospective active travel users including ensuring the provision of wider travel options and infrastructure.
As the initial point of call for sustainable and active travel, you will need a full understanding of all key schemes, partner priorities and stakeholder perspectives to develop strong relationships with local business and resident working groups. In addition, you will need to maintain a thorough understanding of policy and scheme developments to integrate Public Health, Wellbeing, Climate Change and Active Travel agendas in all that we do.
We are seeking a highly committed individual with excellent communication ability to join our forward thinking and collaborative team.
Our mission is to be the best council. To do this we need the best people to help build our vision. If you’re looking to develop your career in a fast-paced, professional environment whilst making a difference, then we look forward to hearing from you.
The role responsibilities are:
- Work closely with Transport for London (TfL) to deliver schemes as per our commitment in the Local Implementation Plan and major schemes.
- To work with the public, local organisations, community groups and other interested parties to promote activity and behaviour change in support of the vision of a sustainable borough
- Ensure that suitable standards and specifications are integrated into infrastructure schemes to ensure viability of sustainable transport infrastructure
- To deliver infrastructure that supports the sustainable transport agenda such as cycle hubs, cycle and scooter parking, cycle lanes and priority junctions.
- To assist in the development and launch pilot schemes and promote schemes that support alternative travel options such as micro-mobility, car or bike sharing.
- To contribute to the development of travel demand management related strategy and the preparation of funding bids
- To participate in the development and effectiveness of the School Travel Plan network
- Contribute to the development and implementation of road safety programmes in accordance with the council’s Road Safety programme.
Please refer to the Job Description for more information.
Contact details for an informal discussion: Louis Oldfield, Smarter Transport Manager on 07769 256689 or via email LOUIS.OLDFIELD@LBHF.GOV.UK