Housing Project Officer
£37,722- £40,869 per annum
Fixed Term 2 years
At Newham Council, we pride ourselves on being an innovative organisation and we are committed to and champion equality and diversity in all aspects of employment with the London Borough of Newham. All employees are expected to understand and promote our Equality and Diversity Policy in the course of their work. All employees are expected to understand and promote good Health and Safety practices and manage risks appropriately.
Provide assistance to the provide assistance to the Fibre Installations Projects team to deliver the rollout of high speed fibre across the Borough with the following range of activities:
· Supporting the formulation and implementation of various housing projects and policy development
· Provide support for a range of housing projects underway in the Housing Directorate
· To provide effective support with communications and liaison between the Fibre Installation Team and relevant Directorates, with the Chief Executive’s office, the Mayor’s Office and other stakeholders, maintaining good relationships
To be successful in this role you will have:
· Knowledge of social housing, including the relevant legislation, government policy and community involvement.
· Knowledge and understanding of project management.
· Experience of working in social housing environment in a large local authority or equivalent organisation.
· A track record of successful project management.
· Experience of managing comprehensive project proposals.
For more information regarding the role, please click on the job description link:
The Closing date for applications is 31.1.22
Please view Housing Project Officer jd
IMPORTANT: If you are an LBN member of staff and applying for this role as a secondment you should note that secondments are subject to the agreement of your current employing service. Please ensure that you inform your line manager of your intention to apply for the post in the first instance.
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Newham Redeployees.
The London Borough of Newham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.