Enterprise Architecture Manager (Permanent)
£58,566 - £72,621 pa
Location: Flexible working arrangements; we are majority working from home, but some travelling between Havering Town Hall and Newham Dockside could be required.
About Us: We are currently recruiting an ambitious individual for the senior role of Enterprise Architect Manager to lead the Architecture team in the one source IT shared service team, which is dedicated to excellence by delivering a first-class professional ‘business critical’ service to our partner authorities.
Our partner authorities have exciting, ambitious transformational programmes to make our digital, data and technology services the best in class for public services. You will be part of a team responsible for Architecting, Developing and Implementing new Digital, Data and Technology services and making a mark in delivering a professional IT service, gain sector recognition and promote the OneSource brand. In return we will support your development to give you the necessary skills and knowledge backed up with a friendly and supportive team.
About The Job:
Never before has it been possible to collaborate so effectively, to deliver digital services across so many boundaries, to interrogate our data so insightfully, to exploit technology to deliver such great efficiencies, and to reshape public services for the benefit of all.
The Architecture team provides leadership around OneSource technology strategy, the evolution of our enterprise IT architecture, solution architectures for complex change, our federated technical architecture practice, and areas such as end-to-end IT risk management. We work collaboratively with a broad range of colleagues and stakeholders at all levels, and focus on striking a pragmatic balance between supporting in-flight initiatives and steering longer-term investment. Reporting to the AD for Capability and Innovation, the Enterprise Architecture Manager is accountable for OneSource’s Enterprise Architecture practice.
About You: You will have:
- Acknowledged specialist skills in enterprise architecture
- Knowledge of the information security related legal and regulatory environment within which local government operates
- Skilled in researching the latest security best practices, technologies and helping to disseminate this information to technical audiences.
- Experience operating with a Secure Development Lifecycle practices in large scale organisations.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of total cost ownership of IT assets and functions
- A good appreciation of secure solution architecture, software and solution delivery practices, IT infrastructure, data and application architecture.
- Strong understanding and practical experience of enterprise architecture patterns, practices and frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and Information Security frameworks (e.g. NIST, NCSC etc.)
- Full lifecycle experience of complex technology-centric change programmes, from initial ideation and strategy through multiple phases of delivery
- Excellent stakeholder management and collaboration skills; evidence of proposing strategic direction and influencing decision making right up to C-level
- Line management experience, especially of senior technical / architectural specialists
- Mentoring and developing team members in both technical and soft skills
- Leading and developing architectural and enterprise practice
- Understanding of major technology trends and emerging technology, how they are best applied and how to objectively assess their relevance and introduce them into real-world business use
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and independently manage priorities and challenges to balance delivery across multiple initiatives, stakeholders etc. – and support team in doing the same effectively
How to Apply
To apply please submit your CV and a supporting statement through our recruitment portal. The supporting statement should demonstrate how you meet the relevant requirements listed in the person specification in the job description. It should not exceed 2 sides of A4.
For more information about the skills we are looking for view the Job Description & Person Specification. If you would like an informal conversation about the role please contact Farooq Shah (Farooq.Shah@onesource.co.uk)
Please view Enterprise Architect Manager jd
Closing date 30.1.22
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Newham is one of the youngest, most diverse, and vibrant boroughs in the UK. As an inclusive employer, we are committed to ensuring our workforce reflects our local population. We welcome and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, including applicants who are ethnically diverse and/or applicants who have a disability.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Newham Redeployees.
The London Borough of Newham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
In line with Government legislation, if the post you are applying for requires you to visit a registered care home as part of your role it is a legal requirement to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status or an exemption certificate to work for the Council