We are actively recruiting for a Senior Practitioner / Senior Placement Officer within The Brokerage Accommodation Team. The role is a permanent contract. Social Work Qualification desirable but not essential.
This role involves responsibilities (but is not limited to) such as (please see attachment for full description):
- Support Team Manager and placement officer at appropriate meetings including HARP, internal and with partners, and work with partners across a range of agencies including health and education to ensure brokerage activity is inline with nation and local priorities under the health and wellbeing commissioning strategy.
- To broker placements within the scheme of delegated authority. By negotiating with in-house and independent providers to ensure appropriate and effective services are brokered to meet individual needs whether in the community or in residential, fostering, supported lodgings, semi-independent, residential parenting assessments, secure or supported housing placements.
- To develop expert knowledge of in-house and external providers and the commissioning contract processes to be able to give advice to social workers and their managers of how services will meet the assessed needs of children and young people in the most appropriate and efficient way.
- Good attention to detail when recording information
- Use of LCS and all Microsoft packages.
Closing Date: 24th January 2022
Interview Date: w/c 31st January 2022
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Sha-Lee Worrell on 01442 453511
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes