As the Business Support Officer at New Hope, you will have a positive impact on the people of Bracknell Forest as you support the smooth running of the substance misuse service.
The people who contact the service do so because they need help and you will be the first point of contact for many of them and be able to make sure that they get the help that they need.
If you are passionate about helping others, then this is the role for you. You will get a feel-good factor knowing you have helped support others to change, whilst also developing as an individual through working closely with other agencies.
We want to help our most vulnerable residents to get their lives firmly on track. It’s why our Business Support Officer has a pivotal role in making sure that people get the support they need, when they need it. Supporting the staff to work towards success for our clients is vitally important.
New Hope has one of the highest successful completion rates in the South East of England and you will be part of that success. Put simply, we change lives for the better.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
New Hope is the centre from which Drug and Alcohol services are delivered in and this role is pivotal in ensuring that people wishing to access the services are assessed in a timely manner. We work as a team to ensure all Bracknell Forest residents are receiving the highest support package possible. The successful applicant will work within a team who are highly motivated and work together to the best of their ability.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To provide business support to the Drug & Alcohol Action Team based at New Hope which will include reception duties and dealing with Freedom of Information requests as required.
- To support the team by undertaking a variety of tasks which include all administration duties, booking meetings and taking minutes as required, dealing with routine correspondence and enquiries, dealing with incoming and outgoing telephone calls. To record information on LAS as required to ensure that records are relevant and up to date.
- To manage the process for booking drug or breath test and liaise with referring agencies to ensure they provide all the relevant information and to inform the individual of the date and time of the test. To update the person making the referral of attendance and the outcome of the test.
- The post holder will also liaise with referring agencies to ensure that they provide detailed information for the people being referred in and to make sure that referrals are appropriate and live within the Bracknell Forest area. To reply to any online enquires and request further information as required and to follow them up if there is no response.
- To maintain accurate daily activity data and record for future reference.
- We offer an extensive training programme for all members of staff which is designed so that all members of staff are knowledgeable on substance misuse.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
What we're looking for...
The suitable candidate for this post will need to have excellent administration skills, telephone answering, maintaining computer-based information accurately, diary management and minute taking skills. A high standard of computer literacy is required as is a clear understand of confidentiality. They will also need experience of working in a frontline service which deals with individuals who may have complex needs.
Interviews will be held on 9th February 2022.
Want to ask us a questions?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Sian Worley, DAAT Team Leader
Nicole Hoskins, DAAT Team Leader
Tel.: 01344 312360
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.