Northwood Community Primary School has recently committed itself to the nationally recognised OPAL (Outdoor Play and Learning) Scheme in order to provide all of our pupils with outstanding opportunities for meaningful and productive play.
The Governors of Northwood Community Primary School wish to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Play Coordinator who will play a key role in the success of this very exciting new initiative. The successful candidate will work closely with our OPAL Play Leads, the Senior Leadership Team and playtime supervisors to facilitate high-quality play opportunities by creating a safe and stimulating outdoor environment providing social, active, and creative play experiences.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
- are enthusiastic, positive, well-motivated and passionate about meeting the needs of children
- are imaginative, versatile, and flexible and can use their own knowledge and experience to facilitate enjoyable and productive playtime experiences for children
- are skilled at developing positive relationships and managing behaviour
- are keen to learn from others, willing to share good practice, and to develop their expertise
You will have prior experience of working with children in an educational or play-work setting and be able to demonstrate a passion for ensuring that every child reaches their full potential.
Key areas of responsibility will be:
- Developing ideas for productive and meaningful play in line with the school’s Play Policy
- Sourcing a diverse range of playable resources that are accessible to all pupils
- Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of pupils during playtimes
Please submit applications to Simon Davies, School Business Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and health clearance by the Local Authority Occupational Health provider.
Northwood Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to the Equality Act 2010. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
Closing Date: Monday, 24 January 2022 at 12 noon
Short-listing: Week commencing 24 January 2022
Interviews: Week commencing 24 January 2022
Start date: As soon as possible