We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to lead a team which provides healthy and nutritious meals to our wonderful pupils. You will be customer focussed and ensure a positive, friendly dining experience. Northwood Community Primary School is a unique school where 500 pupils are able to thrive and achieve their full potential within our mainstream and Designated Special Provision. We are a successful school and an exciting and welcoming place to work.
The successful Chef Supervisor will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assisting with the preparation of food and the serving of all meals to pupils.
- Supervising a team to ensure that the kitchen and service areas are clean and tidy.
- Ensuring all food and health and safety regulations are followed.
- Ordering of kitchen supplies and stock control.
- Previous cooking experience.
- Passionate about working in a food service environment.
- Good communication skills and able to work positively with others as part of a team.
- Friendly, helpful & polite.
- Experience of supervising a small team of catering assistants.
- Able to plan, prepare, cook, and present a high-quality healthy food offer.
- Contribute to team discussions for innovation to the food, drink and service offers.
- Monitor portion and waste control to safeguard school funds.
In return we can offer:
- A busy, creative, and dynamic school with high expectations and standards.
- A warm and welcoming school community.
- A motivated, professional, dedicated, and friendly staff team and governing board.
- A commitment to your continuous professional development.
Hours of Work
Your contractual hours will be 27.5 hours per week and working times will be agreed to suit the school’s catering arrangements. The post is term time only, but you may be required to work additional cleaning days, attend training courses and, if required, cater for school-based staff inset days for which you will receive the appropriate remuneration.
The application form and all information about the post is held on the school website www.ncps.co.uk
Please email all completed application forms and a covering letter, no more than two sides of A4, to the school at firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwood Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children and adhering to Equality for All. The successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
Visits to the school are welcome: Please contact us to arrange.
Closing date: 12pm Monday 24th January 2022
Shortlisting: Week commencing 24th January 2022
Interviews: Week commencing 24th January 2022