- Are you interested in joining our Business Support Team here at West Lancashire Borough Council?
- Are you self-motivated and looking for an exciting challenge?
- Do you have experience of managing and leading a team in an office environment?
If the answer to these questions is 'yes', we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, and dynamic team leader who can lead, manage, and develop a team to join our Business Support Team.
You will play a key role in supporting the Business Support Manager to develop a high performing and customer focused business support service, ensuring a proactive and outcome-focused approach to business support across the Council. You will provide effective line management and leadership to a team of Business Support Officers and Business Support Assistants to ensure that a highly professional, flexible, and resilient business support service is provided.
Your key skills will include:
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to use your initiative, setting your own priorities and meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience of supervising and leading a team on a day-to-day basis to ensure timely completion of tasks, taking positive action to ensure that the Council meet its statutory responsibilities and customer expectations.
- Problem solving, effective decision making and the ability to work on your own initiative.
- The ability to allocate work, performance monitoring of workloads and plan staff resources effectively, to ensure the provision of a resilient and flexible service.
- To seek to continuously improve the performance of the team and service through implementation of changes on a regular basis, with a resilient and positive attitude.
- Recruitment, induction, supervision, training, and development of less experienced colleagues in the performance of more complex tasks to facilitate the achievement of individual and team performance and development objectives.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge and have the relevant experience, we would love to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact Tracy Gilligan, Business Support Manager on 01695 583229.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.