Fixed Term Contract until 31st May 2022
Immediate start required
Wokingham Borough Council currently have an exciting opportunity for a new Case Owner, who is available to start working immediately. The role will be working as part of the Human Resources team and will involve tasks such as:
- Authorising and placing job adverts (including using external media)
- Using Jobs go Public
- Interpreting information provided on appointment form
- Creating contracts of employment (offer letter and pre-employment form)
- Requesting, processing, and following up pre-employment checks
- Submitting a DBS correctly (including verifying documents)
- Processing DBS results (applies to appointees, school staff and volunteers)
- Using the DBS Update service
- Processing general training queries
- Closing courses
- Taking attendance after events
- Managing MyLearning accounts (new starters, create new account, password reset)
- Signposting customers
- Processing a request for information under the Data Protection Act (Subject Access Request)
- Processing a request for information under the Freedom of Information Act
- Handling sick notes
- Calculating annual leave
- Various simple email queries
An excellent communicator, you should be customer focussed, able to maintain high levels of speed and accuracy whilst managing competing priorities. We are looking for someone with highly developed customer service skills, with a working knowledge of the MS Office suite of packages, who is passionate about efficiency and delivery of Council services.
If this is you and you are interested in working in a busy environment, knowing that what you do contributes to making a difference, then we want to hear from you.
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact email@example.com
Applications will be considered as they are received and the advert will be closed when the position is successfully filled. Immediate start.
Please note that while the Council operates a flexible working policy, this post is most suited to full-time working.
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.