We are actively looking for a passionate and skilled L&D professional to join the Learning & Development team within HR and hit the ground running with a keen eye for detail and excellent customer service skills. We are looking for someone with a creative mind, good design skills, high attention to detail and, able to prioritise a diverse workload. You will be organised, creative and comfortable with technology and able to take responsibility for your own areas of work.
Hertfordshire County Council is a leading local authority with a highly regarded Learning & Development services. This is your chance to be part of a busy team that is flexible, responds quickly to change and is never complacent. You’ll be taking on a diverse range of projects which promote Hertfordshire as an innovative, efficient authority with a commitment to helping to keep people healthy and safe and growing the economy.
This role requires skills in:
- Identifying training and development needs in order to create training programmes that are aligned with the organisation’s objectives
- Working closely with various stakeholders and partners across the organisation and having a full understanding of their services and training requirements
- Embracing different styles of training techniques, including e-learning, tutorial sessions or coaching
- Understanding how to define and measure the effectiveness of training interventions, whether they are strategic or operational
- Translating strategic business objectives into focussed projects and deliverables
- Leading and motivating staff to deliver service and organisational objectives
- Confident, articulate and clear communication skills (verbal and written) with strong facilitation and presentation skills.