ERD Electrical Qualifying Supervisor
Salary PO1 £34,884 - £37,722
Full Time (36 Hours) - Permanent
We are recruiting! During 2020 we have redesigned our services and teams to ensure that we deliver on our promise to create a resident centric culture with a renewed focus on supporting independence and enhancing life chances, whilst continuing to deliver, safe, sustainable and quality homes for the future.
Enfield Repairs Direct
Enfield Repairs Direct, our inhouse repairs provider launched in May 2020 and in its first year of operation has already had a positive impact on the customer experience. Building on this early success to ensure a consistent high performing service that represents value for money is a top priority.
We are proud of our achievements and have also learnt a lot of lessons and are now ready to take the service forward in its next phase of development. We are looking to build a permanent team of motivated, customer focused, empathetic and results driven people to numerous roles at all levels across the service.
ERD Electrical Qualifying Supervisor (1 x FTE PO1):
We are looking for an exceptional Electrical Qualifying Supervisor to be responsible for the quality and safety of the all electrical works undertaken by Enfield Repairs Direct.
Reporting to one of ERD’s Repairs Manager you will be responsible for all workstreams including testing and remedial programmes. You will support the direct line manager of the electricians to design and implement a specialist, performance, training, coaching and professional development programme to enhance the quality of the teams’ work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Recruit, induct and support the learning and growth of a team of high-performing qualified electricians
- Ensuring customer service excellence and achievement of performance KPI targets including customer satisfaction, first time fix, productivity, post inspection pass rates and financial measures including material spend and accurate coding of works across the patch
- Undertakes the role of “Qualifying Supervisor” and liaise directly with the NICEIC, with responsibility for the monitoring of certification and compliance with all necessary regulations
- Lead on undertaking technical surveys on properties and equipment, producing technical reports, certification and estimates as required in addition to undertaking subject matter expert trade tasks in line with all personal health and safety risk assessment requirements.
- Supporting the delivery of a resident centric repairs service functioning, 24 hours a day 365 days a year ensuring effective out of hours coverage
To be successful in the role:
- You will have a successful track record as a ‘qualifying supervisor’ including within NICEIC regulations and control of NICEIC documentation; holding the following qualifications:
- City and Guilds 2382- 17th Edition of the wiring regulations,
- City and Guilds 2360- Parts 1 and 2, NVQ3 or equivalent
- City and Guilds 2391- Testing and Inspection
- A strong knowledge of the construction industry and site operations including working knowledge of statutory legislation in regard to health and safety and the need for rigorous risk assessment and method statement processes
- Exceptional communication skills ensuring compliance and high standards of work through effective communication with colleagues and residents
The role is a varied and exciting role where no two days are likely to be the same. If this sounds like you and your ready to make an impact from day one, then we want to hear from you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date - 23:59 25th January 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply please click on the apply button below
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Tony Medall on 0208 132 1950 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.