Permanent , Full time
Scale 6 £27, 978 - £30, 048
The London Borough of Enfield are pleased to advertise a fantastic work opportunity for all commercial assistance.
You will be customer focussed and passionate about delivering your best whilst representing the Borough in a mature, robust and professional manner.
Must have commercial back ground of minimum of 1 year and have knowledge of working with NHF Sechedule.
You will be required to work with Enfield Repairs Direct and Estate Services.
We offer a 36-hour working week, 25 days holiday, excellent pension, flexible working and well- being package and the opportunity to work for a commercially focused service with a strong social conscience.
Benefits include :
- Hi tech works order management software on your smart phone
- Holiday pay
- 26 days holiday per year reaching 31 days after 5 years service
- Pension at 6% of yearly net salary
We want a diverse team to reflect the demographics of our Borough and look forward to meeting YOU.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing: 23:59 25th January 2022
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Oley Taal Gaye on 0208 132 1043 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Tony Medall on 0208 132 1950 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
The service is provided 24 hours a day 365 days per year and the successful candidate will regularly participate in an on-call rota for which additional payments will be made. In addition, the role will regularly require attendance at evening and weekend meetings and events for which TOIL will be made available.