Would you relish working for an organisation that offers challenging work in a supportive environment and truly values a healthy work life balance?
The asset team at Guildford Borough Council has a fixed-term position available for a motivated and proactive individual with excellent skills to assist the Council on its investment property management portfolio. You will be part of a small team of Surveyors working to improve the Council’s asset base and work together to manage landlord and tenant relationships and improve property income.
The Council holds an extensive commercial investment property fund valued at over £150 million that comprises the principal commercial property sectors: office, retail, industrial and alternatives (hotels, car showrooms, petrol stations, leisure, etc.). Alongside this, the Council is currently delivering an exciting redevelopment project on one of its industrial estates with ambitions to continue similar construction-led programmes across the remaining existing assets.
This is a superb job in terms of its job satisfaction and family friendly working. Located in our attractive offices by the River Wey in Guildford town centre – a short walk from the station, you can take advantage of everything that Guildford has to offer. Home working is also available.
What you'll do on a typical day:
Work within a small team responsible for all aspects of property and asset management including arranging lettings, rent reviews, lease renewals, management of service charge accounts. You will need willingness and flexibility to participate in a range of projects and day to day activities.
Skills and experience needed:
- Education to degree level in estate management or an equivalent subject
- Qualified member of the RICS (MRICS/FRICS) desirable
- Experience in property management and managing a large property portfolio
- Conscientious attitude and attention to detail
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Strong knowledge of relevant legislation and health and safety within asset/property management
- Good it skills with the ability to adapt to new systems and processes
- Experience of working within a local authority is desirable
The benefits include:
- Flexible working options with the ability to accrue 2 additional days flexi leave a month and home working
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Relocation assistance where eligible
- Local government pension scheme (defined benefits scheme) and childcare voucher schemes
- A supportive employee assistance programme
- A driving licence valid to drive in the UK and use of own transport during working hours to attend meetings is required.
A basic DBS check will be required for the successful candidate prior to appointment.