IT Operations Support Deployment Engineer
Full Initial 12 Month Contract - 37 Hours per Week
Grade 7 - £30,048 – £32,997
This is an excellent opportunity to join an experienced, dynamic, forward thinking IT Shared Service supporting both Test Valley Borough Council and Winchester City Council.
Working as Deployment Engineer you will lead on the deployment of VPN Laptops and Mobile Devices as both Councils look to modernise their delivery with the use of Windows 10 / Microsoft Endpoint and Autopilot technologies.
As Deployment Engineer you will have Technical hands on experience in Deploying Windows 10 Devices, Active Directory, Group Policy, and MS Endpoint Manager. Any exposure to Sophos MDM will also be advantageous.
· Build, Manage and deploy Windows 10 VPN Laptops for both Councils via MS Endpoint / Autopilot. Assist with Application packaging using Endpoint.
· Configuring, administrating and troubleshooting Windows Operating Systems
· Maintain and update Asset registers for all hardware
· Working alongside the Project Manager in the deployment of Mobile Devices (Phones/Tablets/iPads) to both councils using MS Endpoint
· Produce / Update high quality technical documentation of Infrastructure systems and services.
· You will adhere to ITIL v3 disciplines and have excellent workload and time management skills requiring minimal supervision.
Test Valley Borough Council and Winchester City Council are committed to developing staff and promote a strong work life balance. We offer a generous annual leave entitlement, you will receive a minimum of 32 days per annum (including Bank Holidays).
We also offer a number of benefits including:
- Open plan office space onsite
- Potential for agile working
- Excellent Training Opportunities
- Free Parking
- Subsidised on-site restaurant
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Richard Beckingham, IT Service Support Manager on 01264 368914. Alternatively you can contact our Human Resources Team on, 01264 368106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a rolling advertisement and we will be taking the opportunity to interview immediately should a suitable candidate become available.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date for return of application forms is Sunday 23rd January 2022.
COMMITTED TO EQUALITY OF OPPORTUNITY IN EMPLOYMENT AND SERVICES