Salary: £55,959 - £59,222
Working Pattern: Full-time, 2 year fixed term contract
Location: Chichester or Horsham
We're looking for a full-time Service Manager to lead in mental health and emotional wellbeing for children in West Sussex. This is an excellent opportunity to further your professional development as a strategic leader and be the West Sussex lead for the Child and Adolescent Multi-Disciplinary Psychological Service (CHAMPS) contract provided by the NHS by reviewing contract performance and jointly agreeing training, development and solutions.
As Service Manager, you will lead a team of professionals who will support the implementation of enhanced training, consultation, scrutiny, and support to professionals across the Children, Young People and Learning directorate in respect of children and adolescent's mental health and emotional wellbeing, supporting attachment and trauma-based practice. You will provide support and guidance to managers and social workers in relation to children's complex presentation, working collaboratively with the partnership to achieve best outcomes for children.
You will be passionate and confident in driving, challenging, and celebrating practice to work closely with colleagues across the social care system and partnership in securing the best outcomes for children. You will be resilient, sensitive, and empathic to the needs of families with the ability to support those who are in complex situations. As a supportive manager, you will ensure the effective performance of your team whilst also confident to challenge where needed.
Experience and Skills
- Confident and clear about what good looks like for children, with the ability to challenge all areas and levels of the system where practice falls short of achieving this constructively and tenaciously.
- Confident decisionmaker with the ability to articulate your decisions effectively.
- Ability to assimilate and understand complex information.
- The ability to relate effectively to colleagues in other agencies and professions.
- Ability to articulate complex information both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to identify new and creative methods of working, demonstrating a positive and tenacious attitude.
- Ability to drive the quality of intervention and understanding of child and adolescent mental health across children's social care and the partnership.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Social Work Qualification degree or masters
- Social Work England Registration
- Leadership experience
- Good working knowledge of Child and Adolescent Mental Health Intervention and Services
- Detailed knowledge of the child's journey through social care
- Experience of chairing effective, complex multi-agency meetings, promoting a culture of safe challenge, reflection and outcome-based discussion and decision making
- Experience of direct responsibility for a small to medium budget, and/or contribution to decision making on larger spend projects or other externalised expenditure.
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do. For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee, please visit our website.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to Social Work England registration, an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check. You must be able to travel throughout the county including to locations that are not always accessible by public transport.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, please visit our website.