Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
We are looking to appoint enthusiastic and dedicated individual to work within the Special Educational Needs and Disability Service (SEND). The service is focused on developing pathways of support for children and young people in Hillingdon. Being a part of SEND and Inclusion Department we work closely with Educational Psychology Service and SEND Advisory Service to implement innovative way of working with families, settings and other agencies.
On a day to day basis you will be working closely with families of young people with special needs and disabilities to ensure bespoke, holistic delivery of support through an Education Health Care Plan. Your reflective nature, knowledge of special educational needs and passionate approach to improvements as well as communication skills are desired to ensure high quality of work.
This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who is proactive and committed to drive a change and to develop our interface with settings. Officers will be working closely with senior officers and team managers to strengthen co-production and to improve outcomes for our residents.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.