Hours of work: 18.5 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time
Fixed term for: 12 months
Closing date: Sunday 23 January 2022
Interview date: To be confirmed
For an informal discussion, please contact Carol McTear - Senior Business Analyst on 07552 286732.
About the role
Initially working with a Project Manager, this post will be responsible for implementing a new safeguarding module for Children’s Services within the existing case management system (called LCS, supplied by Liquidlogic). After this implementation the post will then have sole responsibility for providing ongoing support for both this module and other safeguarding tools.
The postholder will join a team of existing Business Analysts in the Shared Care Information Systems (SCIS) team who all support staff in front line teams to get the best out of the systems and help them develop new ways of recording/working.
As a business analyst in this team you will be responsible for delivering:
- Requirements gathering – understanding issues, changes, or new legislation, by working with teams to gather the requirements for change.
- Business process reengineering - to map current processes and develop how these processes could change to meet any new requirements.
- Options appraisals – to manage general system problem solving, providing clear analytical responses to issues and questions, including any well-reasoned recommendations with risks and benefits identified if there are options.
- Systems analysis – for any changes agreed, directly delivering those changes in a test system to demonstrate, present and tweak before going live.
- Business-as-usual - to liaise with IT&D systems administrators and the software suppliers to ensure front line teams experience seamless support in a timely and accurate way.
- Stakeholder management - Representing the authority at internal practice and external supplier user events.
- Upgrades/enhancements - leading on upgrades and developments including co-ordinating and delivering user testing, workflow/form design, fault resolution and updating guidance.
We are looking for a highly motivated person with a sharp analytical mind who is willing to turn their hand to whatever needs doing to deliver the workspace and system changes. Your most important attributes will be: a positive can-do attitude; ability to learn computer systems quickly; ability to understand and document processes; analytical skills to determine any impacts to changes being made; ability to develop excellent working relationships with stakeholders; a keen interest in creating efficiency through system developments; and an excellent eye for detail.
Although the team is office based in Eastbourne, with the need to travel between various council locations across East Sussex, we are currently working from home during the Covid pandemic. You will need to be flexible and adaptive to these working styles as they change and you will be supplied with the necessary computer equipment to do this. The team has adopted an excellent supportive framework using Microsoft Teams message and video calls for team events, peer discussions, problem solving and general support, as well as professional engagement with stakeholders. Flexitime is available, with the need to cover core hours on a rota basis and to suit the needs of business changes.
This role is offered on a part-time basis (18.5 hours per week) for a period of 12 months.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to http://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. Please note that we require evidence of an overseas police check if you have lived or worked abroad.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
If you require any reasonable adjustments, due to disability, to enable you to participate fully in the process please contact the hiring manager on the contact details above.
Reasonable adjustments include things like an offline application form. If you would like to discuss your requirements further, please get in touch.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.