Bracknell Forest Social Services Learning Disabilities Team are committed to modernising the way that people with a learning disability and their families are supported, a major part of that support is delivered through the Provider Support Services (Waymead Short Term Care, Bracknell Day Service).
A driver is required to provide a valued and supportive service to vulnerable adults within our community.
You will drive guests using accessible minibuses to and from Day Services and the individuals own home in Bracknell and the surrounding area. If you have a caring nature and would like to make a difference to peoples lives then this role is for you.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest Council.
What it's like working in our team...
We are a small team who works closely together to make sure we are providing the best support to the individuals who use our service. Sometimes the work is challenging, however, there is also time for finding creative solutions and you will find every day is different.
The service operates seven days a week and you will be required to work hours to meet the needs of the service, which includes evenings and weekends.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To drive guests to and from Day Services from home and to community-based locations.
- To have a good knowledge of Bracknell and the surrounding area.
- To be able to drive a standard or wheelchair accessible mini bus.
- To be able to carry out basic vehicle checks.
- To take account of and be responsible for the safety and welfare of all transport users and to follow relevant procedures.
The benefits you will experience are...
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
- Ability to work with a range of individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
- Good sound knowledge of Bracknell and the surrounding local area.
- Experience of driving minibus or similar vehicle.
- Previous experience of working with equipment for wheelchairs and wheelchair passengers.
- To communicate effectively with passengers, carers, relatives, and staff.
Interviews will be held on 2nd February 2022
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Sarah Faulkner – Provider Services Manager
Te.: 01344 353333
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.
Any candidates wishing to apply who would require sponsorship can determine the likelihood of obtaining a Certificate of Sponsorship for the role by assessing their circumstances against the relevant criteria.
No agencies please.