Here at West Sussex County Council (WSCC) we have a new opportunity for an Infrastructure Manager. The context for WSCC is changing. Increasing demographic pressures, continuing challenges to provide residents and communities with greater levels of choice and control over services, and the tighter financial constraints placed on the authority, mean that the Council needs to change the way it operates.
Delivery models for IT are undergoing fundamental change, the Council is responding to these drivers by updating its operating model for IT. This includes a greater emphasis on engagement with business users and service delivery partners, ensuring that future services are co-designed and road-mapped, based on evidence.
To find out more information on WSCC and our services please visit our WSCC website.
About The Job
Salary: £51,764 to £55,842 per annum
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Contract: Fixed Term (until 31/12/2023)
This role is to lead the Councils Technology Services, taking direction from the Senior Leadership the role will drive technical efficiency in the estate through delivering a Hosting and Networks transformation and the reduction in technical and procedural debt.
Experience and Skills
The successful candidate will be a vastly experienced IT Leader with a technical mindset and experience of leading organisations through Cloud Hosting and Networks transformations. The candidate will have a detailed understanding of cloud services and be adept at leading a team through the journey from an onpremises service to the cloud. You will also be able to demonstrate the following key skills and experience:
- Cloud hosting (including migration to cloud)
- Networks management, LAN and WAN
- Transformation leadership
- Line management
- Problem solving and product design
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Degree educated in an applicable IT discipline, Information Management or similar related discipline (Desired) OR Proven experience of corporate wide, information analysis, architecture, process redesign, business process digitisation within a local government setting.
- Experience of leading IT Teams through large scale Hosting and Networks transformations.
- Detailed understanding of a wide technology and infrastructure estate and the ability to advise on the design of enterprise technology.
- Experience of rationalising solutions to achieve operating efficiency Team Leadership and working with Partners at both leadership and operational level.
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to the following benefits:
- 29 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Generous Pension Scheme
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CRS00542.
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again. If you are unable to see the attached job description, please contact the Recruitment team at the above email address.