WISH Occupational Therapist
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Wokingham Borough Council for a newly Qualified or experienced Occupational Therapist to join our Adult Social Services Wokingham Integrated Social Health Team (WISH).
Wokingham Borough Council are based in Wokingham Town Centre. Wokingham is located in a beautiful part of Berkshire with great transport links to the M4 and M3 and were voted 10th best place to live in 2020 in a recent Local Authority report. We are forward thinking and embrace innovative ways of ways of working with our residents, partners and our staff.
We strive to achieve a culture of equality in all that we do both internally and externally across the Borough and promote a culture of respect, dignity and inclusivity where everyone can succeed, have the right opportunities and be rewarded for the work they do.
The purpose of the role is to provide assessments to adults with disabilities and their carers in order to facilitate independence within the community.
We are an employer that supports flexible working practices.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To establish links with other health professionals, external agencies, voluntary and private sector providers to assist in meeting the needs of our customers and carers
- To manage a caseload of customers who have a range of health and social care needs.
- Provide support to OTA and OT students within the team.
- Support senior occupational therapist to provide a seamless service.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Understanding of the Care Act 
- Understanding of safeguarding
- Experience within a physical health and social care setting
- Experience in manual handling including single handed care approaches would be an advantage
- Understanding of reablement
- Understanding of housing adaptation would be an advantage
- Occupational Therapy Degree
- HCPC registered
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join an excellent dynamic Team in the Social Services Department.
For more information about this role please contact Yogita Mistry Yogita.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 11pm, Monday 4th July 2022
Interview date: Tuesday 19th July 2022
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply, please follow the link to the online Application Form. CV’s are not accepted.